Media organisations are invited to the 2018-19 Budget lock-up from 12pm on Tuesday 8 May at Parliament House, Canberra. Budget documents will be available from 1:30pm.
Media organisations should email email@example.com by 5pm, Friday 13 April with the names and positions of employees seeking access.
Space in the lock-up is limited, so please restrict applications to essential employees. Treasury will confirm approved registrations via email at the end of April.
Strict conditions apply - by submitting a registration, you agree to the conditions for attending the lock-up.
On entering the lock-up, attendees are unable to leave until the Treasurer delivers the Budget in the House of Representatives at 7:30pm on Tuesday 8 May.
Budget information may not be broadcast, published or made publicly available in any way until its official release at 7:30pm on Tuesday 8 May.
The following restrictions will also apply:
- Contact with anyone outside the lock-up area prior to the Budget’s release is not permitted (with the exception of authorised communications to secure Budget sub-lock-ups).
- Mobile phones, including smart watches, are not permitted in the lock-up — secure storage facilities will be available outside the lock-up area.
- Laptops and tablets can be taken into the lock-up, but connectivity must be disabled for the duration. Electronic versions of the Budget documents will be available. The area will be monitored for unauthorised transmissions.
- Attendees will not be permitted into smoking areas during the lock-up.
- Attendees are required to be in the lock-up by 4pm – no registrations will be accepted after this time.
- Attendees are required to vacate the lock-up area by 8.30pm.
More information will be provided to approved lock-up attendees closer to the Budget. Media not attending the lock-up will be able to access Budget documents at www.budget.gov.au from 7:30pm on Tuesday 8 May.